Senior Recreation Project Officer
- Full time, fixed term until end of June 2022
- Secondment opportunity
- Circa from $96k plus superannuation
- Based in Doncaster East
At Manningham Council, we have a big responsibility to deliver over 100 different services to our vibrant and diverse community. With parks, galleries and shopping hubs at our doorstep, we are focused on Manningham being a liveable and harmonious place to reside, work and visit. We provide challenging and rewarding employment opportunities to innovative, passionate, and driven people. We offer a positive and friendly working environment, a range of benefits, including flexible work options, opportunities for career development, and health and wellbeing initiatives.
Manningham Council have a number of contemporary policies and practices to help support our staff during this unusual time, including a Working from Home policy, flexible work practices and an IT infrastructure to support various communication methods when working remotely.
At Manningham Council, we are people who invest in people. We are embracing new technology and improving our customer’s experiences. Be part of something great – it’s an exciting time to work at Manningham.
Staff at Manningham enjoy the unique blend of city and country. We shape positive outcomes for our community by being inclusive and passionate about what we do. We live our values everyday: Working Together, Excellence, Accountable, Respectful, Empowered.
- Flexible working arrangements within a supportive team
- Great location with onsite parking
- Positive and engaging workplace culture
About the role
This position will be focussed on planning and development of the sport and recreation elements of the North East Link project. The position will be working closely with North East Link to plan and develop sport and recreation facilities associated with the construction of North East Link, with the aim to continue sport and recreation participation throughout this period and beyond.
Click here to view the position description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification relevant to the recreation, leisure or other related field.
- Significant relevant experience in a similar role delivering sport and recreation planning and facility development, ideally with green field sites, that meet the needs of the community.
- A high level of experience in project management and delivery, with demonstrated project management and project delivery skills.
- Experience in contracting and supervision of consultants or contractors.
- A high level of interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate and advocate for organisational outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to prepare concise and accurate reports.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about the position please contact Heather Callahan on 03 9210 2607 for a confidential discussion. For all other enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other enquiries regarding the recruitment process please email email@example.com or visit http://www.manningham.vic.gov.au/work-for-us
Your application for this position should be addressed to Heather Callahan and can be submitted via the form below.
Click APPLY to submit your application. Applications close at 9:00am on Monday 17 May 2021.