Community Venues Officer
- Full time permanent position
- Band 2, $60,981 + 25% Special Engagement Allowance + 10.5% supernanuation
- Fornightly RDO
Manningham Council proudly delivers over 100 different services to our vibrant and diverse community. From parks and galleries to shopping hubs and home care, it is our focus to ensure that Manningham remains a liveable and harmonious place to reside, work and visit.
We provide challenging and rewarding employment opportunities to innovative, passionate, and driven people. We have a positive and friendly working environment, and we offer our employees a range of benefits, including flexible work options, opportunities for career development, and health and wellbeing initiatives.
We’re constantly transforming our organisation to best support the needs of our local community. And we are looking for a new game changer to join the team. A high performing individual who wants to shape positive and inclusive outcomes for our community. You’ll have the opportunity to take ownership of your work while developing and testing new ideas within a culture of learning to deliver excellent outcomes for Manningham.
- Utilise and expand your experience, capabilities and skills in the venues space
- Drive a customer focused culture as you connect and liaise with existing venue stakeholders and potential new users
- Join a high-performance team, using adaptability and flexibility to work autonomously in supporting the requirements of our venues user groups
About the Role
Exciting opportunity to play a key role in supporting local organisations, community groups, families and residents as they connect with the community venues across Manningham.
Skills and Experience
- Strong focus on customer service, guest satisfaction and professionalism in dealing with customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and time management skills
- Experienced in cleaning, general maintenance and upkeep of venues/facilities or similar spaces
- Capable of moving furniture and equipment as well as the ability to set up audio visual systems (e.g. projectors, laptops, microphones)
- Current Drivers Licence valid in Victoria with access to own vehicle
- Valid Victorian Working with Children’s Check
- Proven experience within venues or similar related industries will be greatly considered
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your up to date CV and cover letter addressing the key requirements of the role under the “Who are you?’ section of the position description. For a confidential discussion please contact Mark Chang, Supervisor Community Venues on 0457 981 029.
For all other enquiries regarding the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.manningham.vic.gov.au/work-for-us
Applications close on Friday 9 December 2022 at 5pm
Council recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce for its employees and customers.
To ensure equity of access to employment opportunities, Council encourages applications from underrepresented groups including people who are from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people from different ages, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientation and cultural backgrounds.
Manningham Council have a number of policies and practices to help support our staff, including a Working from Home policy, flexible work practices and an IT infrastructure to support various communication methods when working remotely.
If you require any additional support or adjustments regarding interview arrangements, please advise the contact listed above in advance.
Manningham Council is a child safe organisation and, as such, applicants may be required to hold a Working with Children Check.
This role will require proof of Covid-19 vaccinations, as per Council Policy.