Coordinator Climate Emergency & Environment
- Full time, Permanent position
- Band 8: Circa $117k + 10.5% Superannuation
- Based in Doncaster
Manningham Council proudly delivers over 100 different services to our vibrant and diverse community. From parks and galleries to shopping hubs and home care, it is our focus to ensure that Manningham remains a liveable and harmonious place to reside, work and visit.
We’re constantly transforming our organisation to best support the needs of our local community. And we are looking for a new game changer to join the team. A high-performing individual who wants to shape positive and inclusive outcomes for our community. You’ll have the opportunity to take ownership of your work while developing and testing new ideas within a culture of learning to deliver excellent outcomes for Manningham.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity to utilise your professional skills and passion for the environment in a role that has a focus on providing a high level of strategic and operational management to our Climate Emergency and Environment service area, including biodiversity, climate emergency action plan delivery, education and awareness, sustainability, and capital works program delivery.
- Ensure the delivery of the organisation's commitment to actioning the declared climate emergency.
- Delivery of strategic guidance and operational management for biodiversity and sustainability.
- Delivery of community initiatives and programs to enhance the safety of the community and the sustainability of the environment.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualified in a relevant field.
- Highly experienced leader of a customer-focused team delivering integrated climate, sustainability, and biodiversity services to the community.
- Able to develop and deliver work programs and systems that successfully deliver commitments in capital programming and actions associated with the adopted Climate Emergency Action Plan and meet the needs of the community
- Flexible to respond to changing priorities and able to complete tasks within tight timeframes.
- A problem solver, able to resolve complex operational and service delivery issues to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- A negotiator, able to influence outcomes to achieve organisational objectives.
- Knowledgeable in government and local government organisations.
Click here to view Position Description.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your up to date CV and cover letter addressing the key requirements of the role under the “Who are you?’ section of the position description. For a confidential discussion, please contact Helen Napier, Manager Sustainable Futures on 0417 629 598.
For all other enquiries regarding the recruitment process, please visit http://www.manningham.vic.gov.au/work-for-us
Applications close on 24 June 2023 at 11 pm.
Council recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce for its employees and customers.
To ensure equity of access to employment opportunities, Council encourages applications from underrepresented groups including people who are from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people from different ages, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientation and cultural backgrounds.
Manningham Council have a number of policies and practices to help support our staff, including a Working from Home policy, flexible work practices and an IT infrastructure to support various communication methods when working remotely.
If you require any additional support or adjustments regarding interview arrangements, please advise the contact listed above in advance.
Manningham Council is a child safe organisation and, as such, applicants may be required to hold a Working with Children Check.