Senior Strategic Planner
- Temporary (fixed term) Part-Time 30.4hrs per week until August 2021
- $96k pro rata plus super
- contribute to planning for Manningham’s growth
We’re a values based organisation that has a big responsibility to deliver more than 100 services to our diverse community in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs. With parks, galleries and shopping hubs at our doorstep, we are focused on Manningham being a liveable and harmonious place to reside, work and visit.
Manningham Council have a number of contemporary policies and practices to help support our staff during this unusual time, including a Working from Home policy, flexible work practices and an IT infrastructure to support various communication methods when working remotely.
About the role
To provide strategic land use and development planning expertise in relation to the research and formulation of policies, plans and Planning Scheme amendments, to support the use, development and preservation of land within the Manningham municipality.
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualified in land use planning or other relevant field.
- Highly experienced professional in strategic land use and development planning with proven ability to deliver projects and outcomes.
- Problem solver, able to resolve complex land use and development problems, with an understanding of value to the community and the political environment.
- Excellent communicator with demonstrated ability to prepare succinct written reports.
- Knowledgeable in key issues and emerging trends relevant to land use and development planning.
- Strong communicator, able to build relationships with Councillors, executives, officers, community representatives, and external agencies.
- Experienced in management projects, within an established budget.
- Able to manage a dynamic workload and operate effectively under pressure.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your up to date CV and cover letter addressing the key requirements of the role. For a confidential discussion please contact Frank Vassilacos, Coordinator City Planning on 9840 9127.
Applications close on Sunday 16 August at 11:30pm.