Digital Communications Officer
- Fixed term (part time) position until 30 April 2021
- Salary from $70,452 plus Superannuation
- Be recognised and appreciated for your sound understanding of digital communication practices and systems, ability to understand digital communications principles and policies, and apply them
At Manningham Council, we are people who invest in people. We’re a values based organisation that has a big responsibility to deliver 100 diverse services to our community. We are embracing new technology and improving our customers’ experiences. It’s a very exciting time to be working at Manningham.
Working here is often challenging where no day is the same. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of your work, have your ideas heard and your achievements acknowledged.
About the role
The Digital Communications Officer is responsible for providing expert assistance to the digital team by supporting online activities and updating the website, intranet and assisting in digital campaigns.The role is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of engaging digital content for our digital media channels.
You are an enthusiastic and experienced communications professional with the energy to bring our content to life across digital platforms. You have a creative flair, an eye for detail and a way with words. You have strong relationship skills and energy to engage people from many different fields about the value of good digital content.
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, digital communications and experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of website CMS platforms including Drupal, Wordpress and graphics programs including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience in digital media content creation and management for business purposes including social media and eDM campaigns.
- Knowledge of and experience with web content development and accessibility standards.
- Knowledge of and experience with HTML and CSS.
If you have any questions about the position please contact Marcel Rawady, Senior Digital Communications Advisor on 03 9840 9414.
Applicants are encouraged to attach a covering letter and their resume, and those wishing to outline their suitability for the position may also include in the cover letter responses to the key points in the ‘Who are you?’ and ’Key selection criteria’ section in the position description.
For all other enquiries regarding the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.manningham.vic.gov.au/work-for-us
Applications close at 1pm on Tuesday 29 September 2020