Chief Financial Officer
- Fixed term - 5 years, full time 1.0 FTE
- Salary package $200,000 (inclusive of superannuation)
- Senior leadership position located in Doncaster with onsite parking and the option for a salary sacrifice vehicle.
- Creating change, leading the finance function for a multifaceted and community focused organisation.
Manningham Council is a values based organisation that has a big responsibility to deliver more than 100 services to our diverse community in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs. With parks, galleries and shopping hubs at our doorstep, we are focused on Manningham being a liveable and harmonious place to reside, work and visit.
At Manningham Council, we are people who invest in people. We are embracing new technology and improving our customer’s experiences. It’s a very exciting time to be working at Manningham.
Manningham Council have a number of contemporary policies and practices to help support our staff during this unusual time, including a Working from Home policy, flexible work practices and an IT infrastructure to support various communication methods when working remotely.
About the role
Manningham’s Chief Financial Officer is responsible for providing strategic leadership, direction and governance to assist Council to continue to be financially sustainable and provide the best outcome for the organisation and community.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant legislation
- Provide specialist technical advice to Councillors and the Executive Management Team, that informs financial decision making at Manningham Council
- Lead the development of long term financial strategies including Councils 10 Year Financial Plan
- Work with various project groups and committees across the organisation to provide support on all financial matters.
- Be an influential and key decision maker in relation to significant issues that have a cross organisational impact and,
- Create, model and implement a leadership environment based on trust, empowerment and accountability.
Skills and Experience:
- A high performing professional with appropriate, relevant qualifications in financial management, business or other relevant field
- Leadership experience in local government strongly preferred
- A professional member of the Australian Society of CPAs or Institute of Chartered Accountants to the level of ACA or CPA
- Extensively experienced in leading, developing and engaging a financial services and procurement team in a large complex environment to achieve strategic outcomes
- A strong collaborator who adds value to the organisation with proven ability to build, influence and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and,
- A leader who can coach others, and inspire them with enthusiasm, positivity and genuine commitment to the organisation.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your up to date CV and cover letter addressing the key requirements of the role. For a confidential discussion please contact:
Director Shared Services
Phone: 03 9840 9207
For all other enquiries regarding the recruitment process please email email@example.com or visit http://www.manningham.vic.gov.au/work-for-us
Applications close at Wednesday 2nd December at 5pm.
Council recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce for its employees and customers.
To ensure equity of access to employment opportunities, Council encourages applications from underrepresented groups including people who are from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people from different ages, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientation and cultural backgrounds.
If you require any additional support or adjustments regarding interview arrangements, please advise the contact listed above in advance.