Coordinator City Planning
- Permanent, Senior Executive Officer Position - Full Time
- Salary $134k + Superannuation
- Based in Doncaster, Victoria (currently working remotely)
Manningham Council proudly delivers over 100 different services to our vibrant and diverse community. From parks and galleries to shopping hubs and home care, it is our focus to ensure that Manningham remains a liveable and harmonious place to reside, work and visit.
Planning for the future is a key focus of our work. We ensure that Manningham maintains a high level of liveability through maintaining and developing community infrastructure and managing the strategic direction of planning policies that affect properties in our region.
We’re constantly transforming our organisation to best support the needs of our local community. And we are looking for a new game changer to join the team. A high performing individual who wants to shape positive and inclusive outcomes for our community. You’ll have the opportunity to take ownership of your work while developing and testing new ideas within a culture of learning to deliver excellent outcomes for Manningham.
Manningham Council have a number of policies and practices to help support our staff during this time, including a Working from Home policy, flexible work practices and an IT infrastructure to support various communication methods when working remotely.
About the role
The Coordinator City Planning will provide a high level of dynamic and contemporary leadership to a multi-disciplinary team of professionals (including both planners and engineers) to develop and deliver long term effective and, integrated plans for our community that promote, enhance and ensure connectivity, liveability, sustainability and participation of our community.
You will identify Manningham’s strategic directions and priorities for land use and development, water management and sustainable transport across the city in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
Critical to your success will be your ability to predict long term challenges in our community and to work together with key stakeholders to ensure all plans are shared, visible and achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
Skills and Experience:
- Suitably qualified in strategic planning, public policy, or related field.
- A significantly experienced city planner with a proven track record in delivering integrated strategic plans incorporating infrastructure requirements, sustainable transport, and sustainable high quality built form outcomes.
- A people leader who is able to lead and inspire service units to meet objectives and deliverables in a financially responsive manner.
- A well-articulated individual with exceptional written communication skills.
- A problem solver, able to resolve complex operational and service delivery issues to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable in government, planning related legislation and local government.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your up to date CV and cover letter addressing the key requirements of the role. For a confidential discussion please contact Frank Vassilacos, Manager Integrated Planning on 0401 95 4477.
For all other enquiries regarding the recruitment process, please email email@example.com or visit http://www.manningham.vic.gov.au/work-for-us
Applications close on Sunday 6th December at 9pm.
Council recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce for its employees and customers.
To ensure equity of access to employment opportunities, Council encourages applications from underrepresented groups including people who are from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people from different ages, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientation and cultural backgrounds.
If you require any additional support or adjustments regarding interview arrangements, please advise the contact listed above in advance.